1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons maple syrup
pecans, to taste
cinnamon, to taste
ground cloves, to taste
nutmeg, to taste

What you do: 

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix all ingredients and spoon into a casserole dish.
3. Bake for 20 minutes.

Preparation Time: 
30 min
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

This was pretty tasty. I used agave instead of brown sugar, which was yummy.

I think I might blend it with tofu next time to make it into more of a pudding. I guess it depends on your mood - pureed or creamy.

This is good hot or cold. I didn't think it really even needed to be baked.

0 likes

some one help me please this came out awful and its cause the measurements for the spices are "to taste" i hate when I don't have measurments for everything.  I can not get the spices right so it just taste awful.  anyone who made this do u know how much of each u used?

0 likes

I saw this recipe on Thanksgiving when I was desperate for a side dish. I used 2 apples instead of 1. And cranberries instead of raisins. I also used pistachios instead of pecans. And used sugar free low calorie maple syrup and Silk nog for extra flavor. I had vegan ricemallow on the table for the topping. Here's a picture. I hope you guys like how it turned out. My mother and step father loved it. They ate an all vegan Thanksgiving for the first time.

1 like

Just made this and its in the oven.  I substituted roasted sunflower seeds for the pecans, since my son has a tree-nut allergy.  Also, I used a fresh pumpkin instead of pumpkin puree.  I will let ya'll know how it was and post a picture!

0 likes

I think that would be a good idea. It is pretty sweet!

0 likes

this sounds great
do u think u could use this as a pie filling??

0 likes